Specific Curriculum Details
- This 4-week class is great for starting off with your new puppy. We will cover:
- House & Potty Training
- Crate Training and Boundaries
- The Crazy Nipping & Biting Phase
- Importance of Participating in the Socialization Phase
- Proper and Fun Socialization with Puppies & Humans in class
- Preventing Adolescent Problems
- Proper Greetings with People and Dogs
- What is Appropriate Play Between Dogs
- Plus all the basic skills:
- Automatic Sit & Stay in Place
- Go to your Mat
- Beginning to Walk on a Leash
- Lie Down
- Learn to Drop-it to Avoid your Puppy Running from You!
- Learn how to Come when Called
- Early socialization is imperative for puppies before they reach 16 weeks. This is during their early brain growth period and proper socialization will help you avoid future fears and aggression!
Basic Manners & Skills
- Automatic Sit
- Stay in Place
- Go to Your Mat
- Wait for Bowl
- Stand Up
- Walk on a Loose Leash
- Coming when Called Reliably
- Lie Down on Command
- Polite Greetings - No Jumping Up
- As well as problem behaviors such as barking, stealing, counter surfing and more.
Behavior & Puppy Workshops
Loose Leash & Heel - Teach your dog to follow you and not pull you on the leash. This class taps into your dogs basic skills and teaches polite leash skills. Leash skills take time and this workshop gets you started down the right path!