Class & Workshop Curriculum Details
- This 4-week class is great for starting off with your new puppy. We will cover:
- House & Potty Training
- Crate Training and Boundaries
- The Crazy Nipping & Biting Phase
- Importance of Participating in the Socialization Phase
- Proper and Fun Socialization with Puppies & Humans in class
- Preventing Adolescent Problems
- Proper Greetings with People and Dogs
- What is Appropriate Play Between Dogs
- Plus all the basic skills:
- Automatic Sit & Stay in Place
- Go to your Mat
- Beginning to Walk on a Leash
- Lie Down
- Learn to Drop-it to Avoid your Puppy Running from You!
- Learn how to Come when Called
- Early socialization is imperative for puppies BEFORE they reach 16 weeks. This is during the early brain growth period. Proper socialization will help you avoid future fears, anxiety, barking and potential fear aggression!
Basic Manners & Skills
- Automatic Sit
- Stay in Place
- Go to Your Mat
- Wait for Bowl
- Stand Up
- Leave-it Alone/Drop
- Walk on a Loose Leash/Heel
- Come when Called Reliably
- Lie Down on Command
- Polite Greetings - No Jumping Up
- As well as problem behaviors such as attention barking, stealing, counter surfing and more.
Aggression, reactive barking and leash reactivity is not addressed in our basic group classes
Behavior & Puppy Workshops
Loose Leash & Heel - Teach your dog to walk with you and not pull you on the leash. This class taps into your dogs basic skills and teaches polite leash skills. Leash skills take time and this workshop gets you started down the right path! Aggression and leash reactivity is not addressed in our leash workshop. Please contact us for private lessons to address these issues.